Monday, April 11, 2011

Cutting back on the to do.

Poor B.  He's lucky this eval isn't really all that important.  It's just something for his records.  (He's an undergrad that came and taught a lesson to my non-majors class.)  Totally going to get to it this week.  Totally.

I didn't send out the e-mails for the radio drama thing, but that's because I wanted to get the hell out of dodge after classes.  I'm on campus much longer on Tuesdays, so I'll do it tomorrow.

I did, though, trim my bushes.  And Mimi totally kicked my butt.  I thought having shorter hair would make me sweat less.  Nope.  And now my sweat has less to absorb it.  So it runs off my neck and onto the floor.  Pretty!

No, I'm not going to wear a headband.

I sliced a ton of strawberries.

I hung out with my neighbor for a bit.  She even brought her dog over, who got along famously with Bailey.

---

At the gym today, Mimi made me turn around and do back lunges facing the mirror instead of her.  "I hate looking at myself," I said.

"Do it anyway," she said.

"Oh! This is much better than I thought!" I said.

I keep expecting to see the me of last year every time I look in the mirror.  The me of last year has shrunk and prettied up.  Buffed a bit, too.

---

Lots on my mind tonight.

The other day CeeCee and I were talking about Leo. I said that I missed so much who I thought he was.  I missed the long talks, the adventures, the fun.

I told her that I thought he was just being who he thought I wanted him to be.

"I think he was just giving you you back.  He was reflecting what he saw in you back at you.  So all that fun, adventure, and good conversation was about you.  It's who you are.  Not who he is."

I think she might be right.  And that makes me smile.

"So, that means, then, that I fell in-love with me."

"Who better to fall in-love with?"

---

Tomorrow:
1. Gym
2. Mow lawn
3. Do some cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment