Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Another friend of a friend's brother committed suicide.  That's twice in 2011.

A...friend...in NYC was severely beaten earlier this month.  Found out about it this afternoon.  Horrible.  She was walking her dogs and a man assaulted her.  From what I understand it was a hate crime; she's a lesbian.  I feel horrible for her.  And I also sorta feel...guilty.  She and I have a complicated relationship.  We were constantly put up against each other in our area of specialty in grad school all the time.  We've always been civil to one another, but there's also always been tension and some animosity.  We were rivals.  And people didn't hesitate to tell us what we were doing/saying when the other wasn't around.  And now I feel like a schmuck for ever wanting anything but joy for her.  She's in bad shape, and I can only imagine a lot of pain.

And nothing in comparison by any means, but I've got a small little medical issue type thing that's freaking me out a little bit.  No need for worry. Nothing hurts and it's not like I found a potential tumor or anything.  It's just a diabetes complication thing that I don't want to talk about until I know what's going on.  I have a doctor's appointment at 11am tomorrow.

I'm ready for the weekend.

---

Tomorrow:
1. Dr. apt
2. Keep grading

No comments:

Post a Comment