Sunday, April 24, 2011

the brain and the brawn

Mimi has a theory.  She finds that her clients, myself included, have much stronger left arms than right arms.  With the exception of left handed clients whose right arms are stronger.

She thinks this is because we carry groceries, books, kids, etc with our left arms so that our right hands can negotiate things like keys and doorknobs.  The right arm is the brain, the left is the brawn.

I would like to make my right arm stronger.

---

As you can see by my to do list from yesterday, I got a lot done! I even went to dinner with Sue.

And.  I talked to some pals online and discovered I'm not the only one having problems with sugar.  And we've decided collectively to go on a sugar fast.  It'll mean slightly different things for each of us, but I think it'll be a great support system.  Some are trying for a week.  Others a month.  I am going until my birthday--which is the middle of June.  Starting tomorrow.

Only sucrose counts.  I'm fine with fruit and a little honey.  Artificial sweetener as I've already been using it (in tea and coffee) is fine.

Those of you with me when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a year ago will know I've already done this once.  But I'd like to do it for good.  With birthday and major holiday exceptions.  Or,  you know, maybe just birthday.

My friend m.y. also told me about a book and eating system called The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged! by Tosca Reno.  I picked it up at the bookstore last night, and am going to peruse it today.

Also happening today:
1. Lots of cooking: beans/sausage, chicken/salsa, chicken salad, oatmeal, sweet potatoes
2. Some laundry.  Not a lot.  Just enough to get through the week.  Ish.
3. Change sheets (Bailey has been eating too much grass lately.  Puke-arama.)
4. 2nd coat of killz on bookshelf
5. Put all empty cardboard boxes in storage space outside.  (this is HUGE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment