Wednesday, February 16, 2011

back to life, back to reality

Was sick and stayed home again yesterday.  I think all the rest did me some good.

Today I headed both back to class and back to the gym.  My throat is still a little sore and I am POOPED, but I feel better.  I'm going to do a few things and then go to bed at old lady o'clock.

I worked out with Mimi today.  We're going again tomorrow to make up for Monday's illness.  Today was arms, tomorrow will be legs.

Today we talked about how to eat healthy when you're sick.  She says to eat what your body craves, which is generally going to be pretty bland stuff.  Greens, she says.  Lots of greens and staying hydrated.

We also talked calories.  She suggests 1350 on days I work out, closer to 1000 on days I don't.  I need to get my Live Strong account up and going again.  It has the best food bank, I think.  And is very easy to use without pushing too hard to make you upgrade your account.

I might be a nerd and do some daily reporting here.  Haven't kept up with calories at all, but:

Weight lifting: 30 minutes
Elliptical:  40 minutes (3.25 miles)

1 comment:

  1. 1000 calories seems way too low. (So does 1350, but 1000 calories especially seems extreme.) I'd get a second opinion!

    ReplyDelete