Sunday, February 13, 2011

I broke a different boy's heart last Valentine's day. This must be creating bad karma for me.

Is 8:30pm too soon for bed?

---

I got home from Houston this afternoon.  I picked up Bailey at the kennel, commenced with love, then came home and unloaded the car.  I put away my new Penzey spices, made a call or two, ate dinner, and now I think I'm going to crash. 

I ate a lot this weekend.  And I ate like I'm not a diabetic.  There was some self-medicating and 'dealing' going on.  Friday night was Indian (chicken korma and a simosa), Saturday morning was egg pie, Saturday lunch was a menagerie of Turkish delights, Saturday dinner was Italian at a really great restaurant named after the proprietor's dog.  This morning? Mexican. 

I had beef stew for dinner.  At least one meal was safe.

Tomorrow night I'll cook up a storm and it will all be safe and healthy and also delicious.  (On the menu: quiche, cream of tomato basil soup, spaghetti with whole wheat pasta.)

---

I missed Leo a little this weekend.  Until I recounted the story of him to a dear friend this morning.  When she used the word "douchey" I remembered why I shouldn't be missing him.  Let him ignore me all he wants.

---

So the old flame.

For me the flame has fizzled.  No embers.  No nothing except a man I'd like to be friends with.

He doesn't feel the same.  The word marriage came up more times this weekend than it has in my life.  The more I asked him to slow down the more he propelled himself and his intentions forward.

I didn't make the clean break I should have.  I left it with a big, hearty, "I don't know. Must go very slow." 

I don't want to be douchey.  I should do something more clear soon.

---

Goodnight.  My two best girls and I are heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment