Sunday, February 27, 2011

Parenthetically Speaking

Pill taking in the morning and at night has become an ordeal.  Like I have to schedule in time to do it.  Ready to be healthy again.

I've felt a little anxious today.  Maybe more than a little.

I want to blame that on the medicine, too.  I hope that's realistic.

The antibiotic I'm on has insomnia as a side effect that seems to be effecting me.  I'm sleeping, but not through the night.  And every time I wake up it takes me forever to go back to sleep.  Have to play word games in my head.

The nasal spray has steroids in it.  Probably not a ton, but I feel like I can feel it.

Bad sleep.  Restless.  Anxious.  And today I alternated between being starving and nauseous.  I ate breakfast and then a very late dinner.  Feeling okay now, but I kept having to take 10 minute lie downs to get through the day of cooking.

(Chicken salad (almonds and grapes), two meatloaves (one gluten-free), roasted sweet potatoes (half with garlic, half with red chili powder), 10 quarts of chicken soup (3 organic).)

I love to cook.  But I'm going to love doing it large scale like this when I'm fully recuperated.

(I cook for two families if I haven't mentioned that before.  They pay for the groceries; I do the shopping and cooking.  I keep a quarter of whatever I make for each family. My own grocery bill is now like $15/week for breakfast, beverages, and paper products.)

Outta sorts today.

I'll feel better tomorrow.  Going to work out with Mimi.  That should help immensely.  Then the first meeting of my new book club tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment