Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Five Steps. The first two take the longest. For me.

My day today was kinda like one of those scenes in a movie where people are sitting in a dim room and suddenly all these bright lights get turned on.

The glare hurts my eyes.

The realizations hurt my heart a good bit, and also sober me.  And also reassure.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Leo led me on.  For four months we spent the majority of our time together, had late nights, early mornings, and things this isn't the place to discuss.  And it took someone else assuming I was the "girlfriend" he talked to them about for me to find out he had one.  That obviously is not me.

It took more than a week after I confronted him about it for him to finally admit "someone in his life" existed.  And even now that's all I know.

I bet he hasn't volunteered my existence to her either.

Little things happened today to make me start seeing some of this bullshit a little more clearly.

I've somehow moved through bargaining and denial and am in anger now.  What else is there?  Depression and acceptance?  Alright.  Let's get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment