Saturday, January 22, 2011

tick-a-tick-a-timing

Am very, very sleepy, but feel inclined to write a bit.

I spent the early morning to early afternoon hours with my favorite four year old boy.  He told me he loves me about three times.  That never gets old, does it?

This afternoon I made a trip to Lufkin with a friend/colleague.  We went to Tuesday Morning (cookie sheet, paper plates, wooden spoons), Big Lots (crayons), and HEB (assorted groceries.)  Had a great time chatting and learned a few new things about each other.

I had been planning on staying in for the night and making some curry, but our admin asst called to see if I wanted to go to dinner a ta new restaurant/bar.  She lives a few blocks from me and the new place is in our neighborhood--so why not?  Had a great time and very good food.  And a beer.  Haven't had a beer since October.  Had a Blue Moon with a lovely squeeze of lemon.

Then I drove out to Leo's.  He gets back tomorrow.  I wanted to straighten up his study where I've been lifting weights, put some stuff in his fridge, and check his mail one last time.

I stopped by the grocery store on the way home in a fit of "I need all kinds of chocolate and ice cream right now."  I looked for about fifteen minutes.  Pondered my options.  Left empty handed. 

One day at a time.

Got an e-mail tonight from a former interest expressing interest renewed.  I'm gonna be about that vague until I figure out what I think of hearing from him.  It's not something I plan on keeping secret, either way.  Just letting it sink in. He has interesting timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment