Sunday, January 23, 2011

unsick

Leo called me on his drive back.  Twice.  Called me once he got home to ask if he could call me before he went to bed.  We just got off.

I watched The Holidays today and damn if I'm not Iris.  And Leo is Jasper.  Right down to the "will you read these pages for me? I need your help on my book" stuff.  And for me, especially I think, Arthur's comment, "You're a leading lady, but you're acting like a best friend."  That definitely hit a spot in me.

Today was one of those days when you just kind of pretend you're sick.  You get all the bounty without any sniffling, pain, or vomiting.  I was in my pj's until the early afternoon.  I ate.  Goofed on the 'net.  Watched a movie. And make a big pot of Thai curry that I shared with a friend for dinner. Later I unsicked myself and did dishes and laundry.  But still, it was nice being a bit of a bum today.

I didn't mean to cause any worry or concern over my vagueness last night.  Rest assured this old flame is not anyone particularly controversial.  He's someone I saw briefly a few years ago.  I think we're going to have dinner when he's in the area in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment