Sunday, January 16, 2011

love a rainy night

I've had a pretty good day.
I woke up early and went to the farmer's market.  I got a loofah sponge that I'm very excited about getting in the shower with tomorrow.  Then came home and crawled back into bed where I stayed until noon.

I went to Houston yesterday to pick someone up at the airport.  Made a trip to the mall, to Central Market (satsumas!) and to an Indian restaurant for curry.  I didn't get home until after 2am. 

Once up I got dressed, got coffee and breakfast, then headed into the office.  Classes start back up on Wednesday, and I wanted to start getting situated in some form of quiet.  Will go back in for a few hours tomorrow.

When I got home I reheated leftover curry and naan, watched Modern Family, and talked to Leo.  He called around 9:30pm and we only talked about 20 minutes.  He comes back next weekend.  I am both excited and not ready for it.

I have stuff I need to figure out.  Where are my boundaries now?  How far back up does my wall go?

I'm doing a trade with my hair dresser tomorrow.  I'm making her beef bourguignon and oatmeal cake in exchange for her coloring my hair.  I've got some serious grey going on.  (Actually, I think it's white, but it looks old, either way.)

I think when I turn 50, or maybe even like 48, I'm going to cut my hair really short...a pixie cut...and let all the grey/white grow out and stop coloring my hair.  If I weren't single I might do it now.  If I weren't single and on the job market.  Too many reasons to want to actually look my age right now.

It'll be nice once I do it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment