Sunday, March 27, 2011

when dreams were all they gave for free to ugly duckling girls like me...

All better.  With the exception of the allergies that are now plaguing me and everyone else in the Piny Woods.  Spring time!  Azaleas! Magnolias! Irises! Sneezing!

I got better.  And then it was Spring Break.  And then I was in a play.  Well.  I was the narrator for a cabaret show on 60's folk music.  Kept me busy but was far from difficult.  Rather enjoyable to hear some of those beautiful voices every night.

So today begins life going back to normal.

But to catch you up, in brief, on my other goings on...

1. One of my scripts got picked up by a new theatre company in Manhattan.  It's slated for production in October of this year.  WOO!

2.  My contract got extended and a title promotion is in progress.  I can't express to you the relief I felt when the words came outta my boss's mouth.

3. I've decided to stay in the house I'm in, and am negotiating some things with my landlord.  (I want to paint, add a digital thermostat, and have some plumbing looked at.)

4. I'm having tax issues.  They're being taken care of and their for years ago when I had inheritance things to deal with, but wow it's stressful.

5. I'm cooking for three families now.

6. Have gone out a couple of times with a new man.  Like him.  Afraid he might be too much older than me.  But we'll see.

And I've been working out with Mimi pretty regularly but have done a piss poor job of working out on my own.  Also done not a great job eating.  I had a big dessert last night.  Shouldn't have.  I forget how horrible I feel afterward.  Went to bed feeling sooooo nauseous.  M.u.s.t.  r.e.m.e.m.b.e.r.  Not only is it bad for my blood sugar and my waistline, it makes me wanna puke.

So today I've got a ton to do.  But I want to try to do it as leisurely as I can manage.

A. Wash and put away dishes.
B. Grocery store.
C. Cooking.
D. Wash and put away dishes, again.
E. Assign final projects for section 2.
F. Laundry.
G. Work out.  (Might kill 2 birds with one stone and count weeding the garden as exercise.)
H. Go to Jessie's for an hour-ish.
I. Pick one room in the house and make it clean.
J. Change out litter box.

This whole week I need to focus on grading, assigning, and making my house/life livable again.  As well as eating better and exercising regularly (especially cardio.)

Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment