Monday, September 16, 2013

Been a long while

Over two years.

In that time I gained a hell of a lot of weight back and had back surgery.  The former had quite a bit to do with the latter.

And it's time to get my shit back together.  I find always turn to blogging/writing when I reach this point.  Hopefully that's a good thing and it will help.

I can run for the first time in a year next week.   Doctor approved, safe running.

I need to start making better choices.  That's what it all comes down to.  Some say fate.  Some say chance.  I think it's a choice by choice thing.

And I need to make better ones.

About the way I eat (too much and not the right things), the way I think (pessimist overload), the way I sleep (a lot, but not well), and the way I work (too damn much and not in a time structured way.)

When I feel good I tend to make better choices.

I don't feel good.

Which means I need to make different choices. 

Chicken and the egg.

Don't tell anyone, but if I started running a week and two days early....it wouldn't matter so much, would it?

It'd be a choice.

Right now I'm going to choose to do some prep reading for class tomorrow.  I'm going to get coffee ready for breakfast.  I'm going to make my lunch.  I'm going to clean the litterbox; brush my teeth; wash my face; meditate for 10 minutes and be in bed by 10:30pm.  Asleep by 11pm.

Up at 7am gives me time for a walk.  Up at 6 time for a run.  (But is that a choice I should make just yet?)


No comments:

Post a Comment